“Game Face” will be our weekly round-up of our internal and external open source work here at Agora Games. Internal open source refers to our public projects that you can find over at our Agora Games GitHub account. External open source work refers to projects that we contribute to in off-hours and may or may not have anything to do with video games because we’re swell folks like that. Pretty simple right? Here goes…
- Fix message reading in basic.get
- Added optional open_cb kwarg to Connection constructor
- Added optional callback to basic.consume for notifications when broker has registered the consumer
- Moved channel state out of ChannelClass and into Channel to fix access problems after Channel has been cleaned up
- Added support for Channel open notification listeners
- All AMQP timestamps are in UTC
- Most exceptions will now propagate to user code, fixing problems with gevent.GreenletExit and SystemExit
- Preliminary support for synchronous clients
hipchat-api is a gem for interacting with the HipChat API. The README got a cleanup to remove irb output.
kairos is a library that provides time series storage using a Redis backend. The 0.0.6 release added “optional compression on a series which will count unique hits on a value within an interval. Exact time resolution is traded in favor of a (possible) significant reduction in storage requirements. The resolution of the compression is up to the user in how they cast the data on insert.”
leaderboard is a gem that allows you to develop leaderboards for your application or game, where the leaderboards are backed by Redis. The 2.0.6 release adds an “accessor for the reverse option so that you can set reverse after creating a leaderboard to see results in either highest-to-lowest or lowest-to-highest order.”
silver_spoon is a new gem for doing entitlements in Redis. It is a “simple semantic wrapper around Redis hashes for adding, removing, retrieving and checking existence of entitlements.”
strumbar is another new gem that acts as “a wrapper around ActiveSupport::Notifications with pre-configurations for basic instrumentation to be sent to statsd.” Current instrumentations exist for ActionController, ActiveRecord and Redis.